Need some help? Call us now
+44 (0)1784 423 321
This website has been designed to be clear and easy to navigate, while at the same time providing many different ways for you to see books which are most relevant to your area of practice. You can chose to simply look at books just published, or only forthcoming titles in your area of practice. The full search facility allows you to search the entire database by keyword, or you can chose to browse through our database by subject area.
The records you find here are maintained and updated by Book Data, one of the leading bibliographic services firms in the UK. Along with the usual bibliographic information such as author, title, publisher, price etc the vast majority of records also contain a description of the contents of each book, allowing you to make an accurate assessment as to whether or not the title will suit your needs.
Once you've decided which books you want you can place your order though our website at www.hammickslegal.com, or telephone your order to our customer services department on 01784 423321 or email email@example.com.
Our order process is relatively simple:
Register (if you are a first time user) or login to the website (if previously registered with your email address and password)
Browse, search or select which books you want to order
Add each title to your shopping basket
Complete the secure order form with your debit/credit card details or Hammicks account number.
Your order will then be sent to our UK distribution centre for fulfillment. Items in stock at the time the order is placed will be despatched immediately, while items not in stock will be ordered and sent on as soon as they arrive from the publishers. You will receive confirmation that your order has been received and advice of availability in all cases.
And finally, please note we do not charge your debit/credit card or Hammicks account until the items are despatched to you.
** If you are a Hammicks Account Holder, the first time you register you should enter your email address and a password and will then be given the option to use your account number as the login from that point onwards. When you login in next time you will only need to enter your account number. You will be sent an email after your account has been validated to inform you that you can now purchase online using your Hammicks Legal account.
Our delivery charges are as follows:
Delivery of books overseas is via Air Courier, so your books will be delivered securely with a signature required upon delivery in your country.
We always try and keep our delivery charges as competitive as possible, but we ask that you bear in mind the average weight of a law book is much greater than your average paperback novel. The postage charge will depend upon the weight of the book and this will be calculated at checkout if the information is available. If the weight of the book is not known then the postage charge will be estimated and could subject to change but you will be informed of this before it is dispatched.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
Should you change your mind, we are happy to offer a refund for items returned to us within 14 working days of you receiving them and which are still in perfect condition upon their return to us. This will include a refund for the initial cost of posting, (unless postage is standard UK free postage) but not any costs incurred in sending them back.
Please note, we cannot offer refunds or exchanges on any eProducts, including eBooks which have been downloaded or accessed. If you have purchased a book containing software or online access codes, these will need to be sealed and unused in order to be accepted for refund – please e-mail us if you are unsure.
eBooks are also non-returnable - so please ensure you actually want an eBook before you confirm your order.
If you have received the wrong item or the item you have received is damaged or faulty, please contact customer services as soon as possible. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-4pm on (+44) 01784 423321.
All returns should be securely wrapped and sent, with the original packing slip and reason for the return, to the following address:Hammicks Legal Information Services
112 Burgess Road
University of Southampton
Refunds will be issued within 14 days of us receiving the item in perfect condition and we will contact you by e-mail once this has been completed. We recommend that you obtain proof of postage and for high value items, that you use recorded delivery.
We are constantly checking the information shown on our website to ensure each record reflects the latest price given by the publisher. We do, however, rely upon publishers to tell us when they have changed their prices, and given the vast number of titles from many different publishers shown on our database it is inevitable that occasionally prices will be incorrect.
If at any point we have to charge a price higher than that indicated on our website at the time of your order we will always advise you of the fact prior to supply, and await your confirmation before proceeding with the order. We will not make any charge to your payment details in relation to the book concerned until we have received your confirmation to proceed with the order.
eBook titles purchased cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged. If you experience technical difficulty in downloading or accessing a title, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance.
eBooks can only be purchased for personal use. If you would like to purchase an eBook on behalf of someone else, please contact email@example.com.
eBooks from certain publishers are not available for sale outside the UK. Should you be based outside the UK and you order one of these titles, we will contact you.
eBooks sold on this site cannot be read on a Kindle as Amazon use a totally separate DRM (Rights restriction software).
Buying and downloading an eBook from hammickslegal.com
If a book is available on the Kortext platform it will be shown with the Kortext logo on the product description page. If it does not have this logo the eBook will NOT be available to use within the Kortext platform.
ProView™ is a professional grade platform. This allows you to interact with your eBooks in entirely new ways. For more details on how to download the free app please see The ProView™ Guide.
Lexis®Note app provides you with access to your books and looseleafs for your iPad, laptop and PC. For more information please see ‘What is LexisNote?’
When you place a title on standing order with Hammicks we undertake to automatically supply you with each new edition and/or any supplementation on publication. In order to give you peace of mind, our customer services team will contact you on receipt of your order to ensure that we have your requirements, going forward, accurately recorded.
Standing order publications are supplied along with invoice for Hammicks credit account holders or with a proforma invoice requesting payment in advance for those customers who prefer not to maintain an account with us.
Standing order products: You can request a standing order for any print or eBook publication whether annual or irregular, monograph or supplemented work. For journals, looseleaf updates and other subscription titles, please see Hammicks Subscriptions Service.
Keeping you informed: A regular listing of your standing orders will be emailed to you monthly to keep you updated as to which items are expected to publish in coming months. You can also monitor your standing orders via your account on www.hammickslegal.com. Here you can also run reports, make changes to the order details for forthcoming editions or contact the customer services team direct from the order screen.
No obligation: Hammicks standing order service aims to provide the most efficient means for you to manage your requirements. Prior to publication of any title you can amend your order or simply cancel without any penalty. In addition, most publications are supplied on 30 days approval during which time you can return the items for credit.
Terms and Conditions: Once a publication has been despatched to you our standard terms and conditions apply. These are printed on the reverse of every invoice.
If you have any other queries about our standing order service please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions of our Service
• We will accept your orders via our website, post, fax and email. No orders are accepted by telephone.
• If you already have a Hammicks Legal account we will invoice you for the full amount due and at the same time place an order with the publisher on your behalf.
• If you do not have a Hammicks Legal account we will issue you with a proforma invoice which must be paid in full before we are able to send an order to the publisher on your behalf.
Hammicks Legal Account Holders
• All invoices charged to a Hammicks Legal account are payable within 30 days of invoice date.
• Title to subscription products will be passed to you on invoice.
Prices and Availability
• All Hammicks Legal invoices and proforma invoices are expressed in sterling.
• When a product is all or partially subject to UK VAT this will be charged at the standard rate. Where necessary EU purchasers will be charged VAT at their relevant rate.
• Publishers may change the price, availability and content of any product without warning.
Website Prices and Availability
• Pay In Advance (PIA) products - Prices shown are for one year subscriptions. Two or three year options may be available. Please enquire if you are interested in this.
• Price on Application (POA) products - Prices will be supplied to you by our Customer Services team. You can then confirm your order before it is placed with the publisher on your behalf.
• Overseas customers - Pricing shown is for standard delivery within UK, we will notify you of any additional charges for international distribution.
• Postage charges - Hammicks do not make any additional charge for delivery within mainland UK. However where a publisher does make such a charge it will be added to your subscription price at cost.
• When you purchase an updated publication from Hammicks your details and those of your purchases(s) will be added to our database.
• If your purchase includes a free service element we will notify the publisher on your behalf to ensure that you receive this.
• If your purchase is updated by annual subscription we will either automatically order this for you and send you an invoice (if you have a Hammicks Legal account) or inform you of the renewal with a proforma invoice and await your payment before proceeding (if you do not have a Hammicks Legal account).
• If your purchase is updated on an irregular basis by its publisher and you have a Hammicks Legal account we will arrange for the parts to be sent to you on standing order and send you invoices separately. If you do not have a Hammicks Legal account we will not set up a standing order but will instead send you a proforma invoice for each update as it is published and await your payment before proceeding.
• All updates will normally be sent to you direct from the publisher.
• We accept claims for non-received or received but damaged updates or journal parts via our website, by telephone, post, fax or email provided they were originally ordered via Hammicks Legal Information Services.
• All claims must be received within 30 days of our invoice date or despatch (whichever is later) to be honoured by the publisher, otherwise they will be chargeable and our original invoice will still be payable. In cases where a claim is not accepted by the publisher due to being outside the publisher claim period we will contact you with a price before proceeding further.
• We accept cancellations via our website by post, fax or email. Cancellations are not accepted by telephone.
• Goods returned for credit are at your own risk. Any items must be returned within 30 days of receipt, must be in resalable condition and be forwarded to our Ashford office. Please do not return goods directly to the publisher as this will the delay processing of any credit. We cannot accept liability for goods that are lost through not being correctly returned to us and we would recommend obtaining proof of delivery whenever possible.
• Titles renewed by annual subscription may be cancelled on expiry of the current subscription year only unless the new subscription year has not yet started and cancellation is in response to our renewal invoice. In such cases we will cancel the subscription and credit your invoice. Publishers will not normally accept a cancellation or give credit once a subscription year has started.
• When a publication is cancelled any outstanding invoices relating to updates for that publication may still be payable dependent on whether the goods have been despatched from the publisher and if so whether they will accept their return for credit. Outstanding invoices for goods that have not been despatched and any goods received back by us in resalable condition will normally be credited.
• Cancellations of overseas publications where the goods are still in transit will only be credited on receipt at our offices of the goods in resalable condition.